Could You Be The Guitar Teacher of the Year?
This is a great way to show how good you are at teaching guitar lessons as a music tutor and to get nominated for the 2015 Music Teacher Awards for Excellence. The awards will be presented at a gala evening at The Grange St. Pauls Hotel in London on the first night of the Music Education Expo (March 12th 2015).
There are 11 categories this year, ten of which will be accepting nominations from all section of the public, until Friday, October 24th. The shortlist will be announced online in mid November and in the December issue of Music Teacher magazine.
The winners of each category (aside from the Music Teacher Magazine Editor’s Award, decided by Thomas Lydon & the Best Classical Music Education Initiative Award, decided by a public vote on classicfm.com) will be selected by an experienced panel of judges, chaired by Thomas Lydon, editor of Music Teacher magazine:
• Professor David Saint, principal, Birmingham Conservatoire
• Lucy Johnstone-McCarthy, head of music, Baden- Powell and St Peter’s C of E Junior School
• Paul McManus, chief executive, Music Industries Association
• Judith Webster, chief executive, Music For Youth
Categories for which nominations are accepted are as follows:
• Best Musical Initiative Award, sponsored by the Royal Marines Band Service
• Best Print Resource Award, sponsored by Rhinegold Publishing Ltd
• Best Digital/Technological Resource Award
• Best SEN Resource Award
• Excellence in Primary/Early Years Music Award
• Best School Music Department Award, sponsored
by the MMA (Music Masters Association)
• Musicians’ Union Inspiration Award, sponsored by
the Musicians’ Union – NEW
• Best Music Education Product Award – NEW
• Best Classical Music Education Initiative Award,
sponsored by Classic FM
• Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Black
Cat Music and MusicPracticeRooms.com
More information about the categories, including judging criteria, can be found and nominations can be made at www.musiceducationexpo.co.uk/awards.